I'm not expressly trying to solicit discussion, but you're certainly welcome to add your own comments so long as they are on topic, thoughtful and not unduly disrespectful. You need not agree with me and you may post anonymously if you prefer. That said, I reserve the right to yank nonsense and spam.

** Update 8 June 2013 **
While I continue to monitor this blog, please note I have changed to a different hosting service and therefore a new blog. If you'd like to stay current, please visit me at My Sens-iety.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Arias: Attorneys Say 'WE QUIT'

HLN reports this morning on the Morning Express program that attorneys Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott filed a motion with the court to withdraw from representing Jodi Arias following her post-conviction interview with KSAZ-TV.  Judge Sherry K. Stephens denied the motion.  [Ref. Court Document PDF]

It's no secret Kirk Nurmi has been trying to withdraw from representing Arias for years however, because the Arizona law seems to prohibit withdrawal unless another attorney is fully prepared to take over, the court has forced him to remain on the case.  I have not heard any rumors of Jennifer Willmott asking to withdraw prior to this motion.

It's clear to me Jodi Arias has been pulling the puppet strings during the trial, forcing her attorneys to present and argue what most view to be a ludicrous defense theory based on a plethora of lies.  I can't begin to imagine how difficult their day-to-day lives have been made by having to deal with this mental, remorseless woman.  I wish them well and hope they are able to extricate themselves from her toxic web at the conclusion of the penalty phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment