I'm not expressly trying to solicit discussion, but you're certainly welcome to add your own comments so long as they are on topic, thoughtful and not unduly disrespectful. You need not agree with me and you may post anonymously if you prefer. That said, I reserve the right to yank nonsense and spam.

** Update 8 June 2013 **
While I continue to monitor this blog, please note I have changed to a different hosting service and therefore a new blog. If you'd like to stay current, please visit me at My Sens-iety.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Arias: The Forged Letters

A couple of times during the trial I heard reference to some mysterious forged letters but never learned any details until today.  Beth Karas on HLN just related the story behind them.

About the time Jodi Arias changed her story to self-defense, she came up with two letters purportedly from Travis where he revealed a sexual interest in little boys.  After much litigation and examination, according to Karas, the letters were determined to be forgeries created by Arias herself while in jail.  The court rightly ruled they could not be presented in court.  Later, the State decided they wanted to use the letters in court to show the depths to which Jodi would go to get out of jail.  But the court ruled against that as well.

Update 19 May 2013

Here's a little more on the forged letters from the National Enquirer.

No comments:

Post a Comment