I'm not expressly trying to solicit discussion, but you're certainly welcome to add your own comments so long as they are on topic, thoughtful and not unduly disrespectful. You need not agree with me and you may post anonymously if you prefer. That said, I reserve the right to yank nonsense and spam.

** Update 8 June 2013 **
While I continue to monitor this blog, please note I have changed to a different hosting service and therefore a new blog. If you'd like to stay current, please visit me at My Sens-iety.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Arias: What's Up With Patti?

Patti Womack with Sandy Arias
Patti Womack Salutes Juan Martinez
Court was abruptly ended yesterday following an in-chambers meeting with Arias friend Patti Womack.  According to Kirk Nurmi's opening statement, Womack would be called to testify on behalf of Arias.

It was later confirmed that Judge Stephens ordered that Womack's testimony would be "audio only" (ala Darryl Brewer during the main trial).  But there seems to be more to the story...

Internet rumors are flying that Womack will not testify after all due to some legal complications involving drugs and/or alcohol.  Is this true?  Please leave a comment if you have anything more concrete to report (e.g. a link to a reputable media story, court documents, etc.).  In the meantime, I'll keep my eyes open and report back if I find something.

UPDATE 11:12AM CENTRAL:  HLN's Jean Casarez just reported that the testimony of Womack will be made without video or audio taping.

UPDATE 2:44PM CENTRAL:  I found this post by RobynD323 on TwitLonger... interesting read, but I have no idea whether it's reliable.  I'm not familiar with the source.  General gist of the post:  Patti showed up for court on Thursday improperly dressed and possibly impaired.

UPDATE 10:13AM CENTRAL 20 MAY 2013:  HLN's Mike Galanos reports it's not certain whether either Patti Womack or Sandy Arias will testify.

UPDATE 11:05AM CENTRAL 20 MAY 2013:  HLN's Jean Casarez does not believe we will hear from Patti Womack, that she's a reluctant witness.

UPDATE 12:49PM CENTRAL 20 MAY 2013:  Courtroom proceedings today revealed Patti invoked her Fifth Amendment rights and failed to appear in court today. [See this blog post]


Footnote: From what I gather, her full name is Patrisha Fawn Womack (not Patricia) but she goes by Patti and not Patty.



UPDATE 17 JUNE 2013:  A hearty hello and welcome to all the new readers coming over from FB (you know who you are). Keep the faith.

UPDATE 18 JUNE 2013: *BLOG NOTICE* This blog is being moderated. I support and respect your right to freedom of speech, just not your right to do it here.  One of the three rules I've set forth for comments at the top of every blog page is that they not be unduly disrespectful -- to me or anyone else. The two remaining rules are that the comments be on topic and thoughtful.  Any comment which primarily consists of name calling or borders on what I consider hate speech will not be approved.  If you can find a way to express your opinion and still abide by my rules, your comments will be welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I suspect that Patti felt threatened by JM when he revealed that he knew of her drug use with JA and knew that she had collected money from the sale of JA's "art". JM did not threaten her. But I think she felt that it was dangerous for her to testify on the record in any format.

    IIRC, Patti is still on probation for heroin use. Perhaps she fears being busted for her involvement with a convicted felon. I don't remember where I saw Patti's criminal records. If I find them again, I'll share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the details about Patti's drug use, but I did take notes on the public hearing regarding her testimony (or failure thereof) here.

      Delete