I'm not expressly trying to solicit discussion, but you're certainly welcome to add your own comments so long as they are on topic, thoughtful and not unduly disrespectful. You need not agree with me and you may post anonymously if you prefer. That said, I reserve the right to yank nonsense and spam.

** Update 8 June 2013 **
While I continue to monitor this blog, please note I have changed to a different hosting service and therefore a new blog. If you'd like to stay current, please visit me at My Sens-iety.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Arias: Kicking a Man Down

I just had an epiphany.  I remember the State's blood spatter expert testified regarding some of the stain patterns in the master bathroom, saying they were the type that would have come from blunt force trauma to a bleeding source.  I kept thinking, "What the hell did she hit him with?"  The State never presented any evidence of a "blunt object" or questioned Arias about one.

This morning In Session (truTV) aired an old clip from Jodi's direct testimony during which she said she and her brother had taken Karate lessons.  DING!  DING!  DING!  She didn't hit him with an object.  She was "practicing" Karate.  She wouldn't need a "black belt" to land a chop or a kick with enough force to create that blood pattern.  I say that based on a childhood remembrance of what my young cousins could do (they took either Judo or Karate lessons for a couple of years, can't recall which).  They could beat the crap out of anyone and anything.  And they were just young kids!

I also seem to recall there was testimony (by Dr. Horn?) regarding some bruising on Travis Alexander that was thought to be a result of "kicking."  At the time, the image conjured in my mind was one of a petulant child throwing a tantrum.  That was then.  Now I envision a whole new level of vicious brutality.

I also envision poor little Doggyboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment