I'm not expressly trying to solicit discussion, but you're certainly welcome to add your own comments so long as they are on topic, thoughtful and not unduly disrespectful. You need not agree with me and you may post anonymously if you prefer. That said, I reserve the right to yank nonsense and spam.

** Update 8 June 2013 **
While I continue to monitor this blog, please note I have changed to a different hosting service and therefore a new blog. If you'd like to stay current, please visit me at My Sens-iety.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Arias: What Mitigating Factors??

Okay, so this jury was split 8-4 in favor of the death penalty.  Sounds suspiciously like the gender makeup of the jury... but who knows.  Until we hear from the four, we won't know why they held out for a life sentence.  We can speculate, though, based on our own opinions...
  1. Was it that they simply couldn't bring themselves to impose the death penalty (as they promised they could do during voir dire)?
  2. Did they find one or more mitigating circumstances which they firmly felt justified sparing the life of Jodi Arias?  If so, what circumstances do you think they found compelling?
  3. A mixture of both the above?

Tell me what you think.  


No comments:

Post a Comment